Sunday, June 24, 2018

Fireplace Rock and Paint!

June 2018
     So we hired a guy to rock our fireplace!!

     
 

 

I love it!!  And then Perry added his little(?)  touch!


And look at this cute little antique cupboard I found!!  



AND NOW we were ready to paint.....

     I bought 5 different samples before I got the color I wanted.  I found Classic Taupe that I really loved but it was too dark.  So I tried 2 other couples and they were too yellow and pink.  Then I went back and got a one that was two shades lighter on the color card and it was too light.  Finally I got a young kid in Home Depot that knew what he was doing.  I explained that I liked the Classic Taupe but it was too dark.  He said oh well, I can just have the computer do one that is 25% less in color than that.  Wonders of technology!  It was perfect.  Also I needed a white for the trim that would match my kitchen cabinets so that it didn't look too different right next to each other in the kitchen.   Yes white has different shades too.  He scanned the sample cabinet piece and matched it exactly!!  And we were off!





We painted the shiplap on the wall and ceiling and my office in white and everything else Classic Taupe 25% less color.  

We are now looking like we are getting somewhere!!  So excited for floors and cabinets next!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh that fireplace!!! Beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures after the paint is done!!

    ReplyDelete