Sunday, September 17, 2017

Oh Happy Day!!!

   So as you saw from when we redid the kitchen floor joists and subfloor, we have a cold storage room.  It is approximately 10 ft. x 10 ft.   I call it the bomb shelter.

 Since we bought the house, I have been so excited to get shelves built into it.  I really wanted to just pack up my storage and canning supplies and move them in and put them on shelves.  I didn't want them packed in boxes and stacked in the garage like everything else will be.  I finally convinced Perry that we could get it done. I went down and painted all the walls and floors with Kilz paint to seal it all.  (except that spot you can see on the floor.  The ladder sat there.  I still need to finish that spot. 😁)  Perry went to work  and designed real stairs for it instead of the existing ladder.  Then he and I designed the shelves to fit everything in just right.  In June, we bought the wood and headed down to Fountain Green.  He and Chanse got it all framed and I had jars waiting to put in there.  It still needs a light and eventually a spring loaded hatch door but it looks wonderful!!!  I made another trip a couple of weeks later with all my buckets of wheat, canning supplies and a some of my jars of food.  I love it!!!!  I joking tell him that when the rest of the home is still in chaos during the remodel, I will just go down in my bomb shelter and enjoy the order.  Thanks Guys!!!  Makes this OCD girl happy!!!








1 comment:

  1. I was so excited when I saw that you posted - - - TWICE!!!! I am so excited to see how this all turns out!! Your "bomb shelter" is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete